Community Input Needed: Launch with CPMM model or Delay for A-CLMM model?

Dear WispSwap community,

As you may know, we have been working hard on developing the WispSwap platform and exploring innovative features to offer our users. One of these features is the Asymmetric Concentrated Liquidity Market Maker (A-CLMM) mechanism, which we believe has great potential for improving trading efficiency and impermanent loss protection. Me and @matthew have been researching on A-CLMM for half a year and have run countless simulations to test its feasibility and usability. We’ve already finished the smart contracts for Concentrated Liquidity and are in the process of fully testing the A-CLMM DEX with its utilities.

However, as a self-funded team with limited resources, we are currently faced with a difficult choice. On one hand, we could launch WispSwap with the current Constant Product Market Maker (CPMM) mechanism with Farming, Liquidity Position NFT wrapper and veWISP utilities, which would allow us to get the platform up and running quickly and start building liquidity. On the other hand, we could delay the launch and focus on fully developing the A-CLMM DEX, which might give us a significant edge in the long run but could potentially put WispSwap behind in the competition.

While major AMM DEXs on SUI are launching very soon, we think that sometimes the competition between DEX projects is not about innovation and engineering, but rather the Liquidity War, where deeper liquidity leads to less slippage, more trading volume, and more liquidity providers. Therefore, we are considering launching with the CPMM DEX and Farm v1 to start building liquidity and attracting users to the platform quickly.

We value the opinions of our community and would like to hear your thoughts on this matter. Which option do you think we should choose, and why? We have created a poll with the two options, and we invite you to cast your vote and share your insights in the comments. Your input and feedback are greatly appreciated.

• Launch in the upcoming weeks with CPMM mode, and upgrade to the A-CLMM model later.
  • Delay the launch until the A-CLMM DEX is fully tested and ready to go live, which could delay the launch about 1 to 2 months.

0 voters

93 Likes

Difficult decision do what you see fit by virtue of your experience in this market

8 Likes

Editing my inputs as I think I miscommunicated what I was trying to convey: Difficult but I feel better to wait and not rush. A complete product with A-CLMM sounds good to me, adding more value ad. So I feel we wait for this and then launch.

5 Likes

@sumitds074
Just to clarify, the WispSwap research and engineering team will never release a product with an incomplete or untested feature. For Option 1, which involves launching WispSwap with the CPMM model first, this version of our DEX has been carefully tested for months and has been deployed on Sui devnet/testnet since February. We have also had its smart contract audited by Movebit, and we’ll be releasing the report in the upcoming days. Therefore, it is not an “incomplete and untested” CLMM, but rather a fully tested CPMM DEX.
We understand that some members of our community may have different opinions about the best way to proceed, but please know that we’re committed to providing a high-quality and safe platform for all our users. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask.

8 Likes

Hello, I think launching the dex in the coming weeks is the best move to play here. There are lots and lots of competition amongst dexes, so, I’d say make your name in sui’s ecosystem first and then push for an upgrade later.

8 Likes

I think the CPMM should be launched first with the platform upgraded with the A-CLMM at a later date when it’s ready. Just as you have highlighted, the competitions are launching their platforms and building up liquidity and true to point, users will engage with platforms with rich liquidity to minimize loss while trading. With the launch of the WisSwap platform through the CPMM, we can build liquidity and then upgrade the DEX with the A-CLMM when it is ready.

4 Likes

run it and let CLMM do brrrr :grinning:

5 Likes

Sounds good. And I appreciate the team for deciding to get the community involved in decision making. Trust me, I don’t doubt that you would release something untested but just wanted to give my perspective. And also hear what the community had to say. I am glad that if the product is ready to be launched but just wanted to make sure that all the best features are readily including when you launch it. Good luck.

4 Likes

As a developer I strongly recommend a full test before going live

4 Likes

You need liquidity for the sustainability of CPMM mode,when you have gotten that next should be A-CLMM DEX. Rome wasn’t built in a day,so hit the launch button if the CPPM mode and other features are ready. Let it serve as an appetizer first,I know introducing A-CLMM DEX will skyrocket WispSwap will patiently wait for it’s launch. Great job guys,more grease to your elbow :muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle::muscle:

4 Likes

We can’t loose momentun…we have many competitor in sui and other chain. Idealist is good but not always good, we must see the condition, tecnology can be upgrade but not for time. If loos it we can’t have it again.

3 Likes

There has been too many occasions where projects have rushed into launching, falling flat on there faces and having to go back to the drawing board to try and recover the mess they’ve just created which wouldn’t of happened if testing was thoroughly executed. I want people to forget about momentum, I agree in a bull market, it’s valid, but certainly not in current market conditions, I’d prefer a well-tested, bug free, streamlined fast flowing platform than the alternative, also love this project is striving for innovative processes to improve the industry for the better too

3 Likes

It’s a tough choice, thanks for letting the community to vote on this!

2 Likes
  • I think it’s better to launch early
3 Likes

I think the CPMM should be launched first with the platform upgraded with the A-CLMM at a later date when it’s ready.We need to grab a piece of the liquidity pie :blue_heart:

1 Like

yeah difficult decision but lets see how everyone feels. I agree though with the liquidity wars statement. That typically is how its happened on a few chains ive seen. Would love to see someone who thinks wait and delay to tell us why they feel that way

1 Like

From what you wrote you actually believe that you have tested everything and it works.So I believe time is money just go ahead and try to keep up with competition.

1 Like

Timig the market is necessary. So I choose the first option. Of course I value your opinion, and you are right about starting sooner rather than later for atracting users to the platform quickly

good decision community

1 Like

so good and its very fantactic

1 Like